Just five ingredients are needed to make this creamy, indulgent No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. It's a quick and easy dessert idea your friends and family will love!Jump to Recipe
Thinking about where this recipe comes from will always make me giggle!! When my husband was in high school, there were only guys in his foods class, so they named themselves the "Big Boy Bakery." The name still cracks me up (he even still has the "bakery cookbook" to prove it)! Anyway, they ended up creating a business out of it and sold treats to people in the community.
Zach tells me he was in charge of the cinnamon rolls and the peanut butter pie. When I finally got the chance to try the pie, I was sold. Not only is this recipe SUPER easy, it's sooooo tasty. So, do yourself a favor and make yourself one of these no bake pies. Really, if my husband can do it, you can, too!! 😉
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
- Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust - I typically use a store-bought Oreo cookie crust for convenience, but a homemade cookie crust would be great, too! You can also use a store-bought or homemade graham cracker pie crust if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese - I stick to the real deal, but you could certainly use the ⅓ less fat version, too.
- Creamy Peanut Butter - Be sure to use a typical creamy peanut butter rather than the "natural" versions, as they tend to be too runny.
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Topping - I find that store-bought whipped topping (ie. Cool Whip) holds up better over time than a homemade whipped topping.
- Optional Garnishes - Additional whipped topping, chocolate syrup, chopped peanuts, peanut butter drizzle, chocolate cookie crumbs, etc.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
First, you'll want to make sure your cream cheese is room temperature. This will ensure that it'll make a smooth filling, rather than being lumpy.
In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until nice and smooth. Then, fold in the whipped topping until it's all incorporated.
Next, you'll pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Place it in the fridge to chill for at least two hours to make sure it's nice and set up before slicing.
Once the pie has been chilled, it's ready to serve! I like to cut fairly small pieces as it's a very rich pie. Then, I top with a dollop of whipped topping and a quick drizzle of chocolate sauce. People go nuts for this pie....I mean, just look at it!
Does No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Need to be Refrigerated?
Yes. Because of the cream cheese and the whipped topping, you will need to refrigerate this pie. It'll last 5-7 days in the fridge (though it doesn't seem to last that long in our house, ha!).
Try these other No Bake Pie recipes, too!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- One 8 ounce block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- One 8 oz tub whipped topping thawed
- 1 pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, softened cream cheese and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping until well-mixed.
- Pour mixture into a prepared chocolate cookie crust and smooth the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set up.
- Slice and serve.
- Can swap out the chocolate cookie crust for a graham cracker crust, if desired.
- You'll want to make sure the cream cheese is softened before mixing it with the peanut butter and powdered sugar, or it will be difficult to incorporate and make a smooth filling.
- Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate syrup and chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, if desired!