This Cherry Dump Cake has sweet cherry pie filling, a cheesecake layer and a buttery cake mix topping. Top with a scoop of ice cream for the easiest, yummiest dessert!!Jump to Recipe
The moment my hubby gave this a try, his first comment was "Kelsey, you need to put this on the blog STAT." And I agreed. You guys....this stuff is unreal. And if you're looking for a simple dessert to impress, stop looking because this is THE ONE.
If you've tried my Easy Cherry Berry Cobbler, this one is similar, but I think I might like it even better! This Cherry Dump Cake has a cheesecake-like layer that makes it creamy and absolutely irresistible!!
Cherry Dump Cake Ingredients
- Cherry Pie Filling - You could use blueberry or raspberry pie filling instead (or a combo!)
- Whipped Cream Cheese - Be sure to specifically get the "whipped" variety as it's easier to stir than regular
- Granulated Sugar
- One Large Egg
- Yellow Cake Mix - White works just fine, too. I tend to think yellow cake mix has a little more flavor, which is why I use yellow
- Butter - I like to use salted butter in this recipe
How to make Cherry Dump Cake
There are essentially 4 layers to this dump cake. The photos below go through each step:
Variations of Cherry Dump Cake
Let's just start by saying that this dump cake is absolutely scrumptious as-is. However, if you don't have any cherry pie filling or yellow cake mix, there are different options...
Black Forest Dump Cake - Cherry pie filling, omit the cream cheese layer, chocolate cake mix
Blueberries & Cream Dump Cake - Blueberry pie filling, keep the cream cheese layer, yellow or white cake mix
Cherry Berry Dump Cake - Cherry Pie Filling + 2 cups of frozen berries, keep or omit the cream cheese layer, yellow or white cake mix
Double Cherry Dump Cake - Make the recipe as-is, but swap the yellow cake mix for cherry chip cake mix
How to Store A Dump Cake
I like to serve it when it's still warm from the oven with a big 'ol scoop of vanilla ice cream! But if there are leftovers, it's best to store it in the fridge.
Simply let the dump cake cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to five days. When you're ready to enjoy, you can eat it cold or warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave.
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Cherry Dump Cake
- 2 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 8 oz tub whipped cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ½ c sugar
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- ½ c salted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into a 9x13 baking pan.
- Stir the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the egg and sugar until well combined.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the cherries.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the cream cheese mixture.
- Slowly pour the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.