This delicious Blueberry Dump Cake is the perfect end to any meal. It's an easy dessert recipe will soon become a part of your regular rotation!Jump to Recipe
This delicious Blueberry Dump Cake recipe is the perfect end to any meal. It's an easy dessert that requires minimal effort and simple ingredients!!
There are few things I enjoy more than a warm dessert with a scoop of ice cream. Some of my absolute favorites with ice cream are chocolate cobbler, apple streusel pie and any flavor of dump cake! This blueberry version is no exception!!
Why I LOVE Dump Cakes
- The suuuuper short prep time! I love that I can get them into the oven really quick.
- All of the flavor options!! Almost any flavor of fruit pie filling will work. My Cherry Dump Cake and Rhubarb Dump Cake are a couple other favorites!
- It's great hot or cold, so even leftovers are absolutely delish!
- The crisp, buttery cake mix topping. It's just so good!
Ingredients Needed (Full list of ingredients in recipe card below)
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Blueberries - You can use fresh berries or frozen. If you use frozen, you don't need to thaw them out before baking. You can use just the two cans of pie filling (and skip the fresh fruit), but I like the added blueberry flavor!
- Boxed Cake Mix - Yellow cake mix, white cake mix or even lemon cake mix will work great!
- Butter - I use salted butter for this recipe, but unsalted butter would work great too.
How to Make Blueberry Dump Cake
- Dump the pie filling and blueberries into the bottom of a baking dish and give it a stir.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry cake mix and melted butter. (You could also sprinkle the dry cake mix right over the pie filling and cut the stick of butter in thin slices to arrange on top of the cake mix - I just find it easier to mix it together!)
3. Sprinkle the topping on top of the pie filling and spread in an even layer and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown.
4. Grab a scoop of warm dump cake and top it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
Yes! You can use just the pie filling, a mix of pie filling and fresh blueberries, a mix of pie filling and frozen blueberries OR a mix of pie filling and drained canned berries.
Whichever way you prefer. I like to eat it warm with a scoop of ice cream! However, eating it at room temperature or straight from the fridge is good, too!
Once it comes to room temperature, I recommend refrigerating the cake. Simply cover it with plastic wrap or keeping it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Sure thing!! Use a small casserole dish (8x8-inch would be perfect). Then you'll use just one can of pie filling, 1 cup of berries, ½ box of cake mix and ¼ cup butter
You simply dump ingredients into a baking pan and toss it in the oven! Easy peasy!
A Few Variations
- Very Berry Dump Cake - One can blueberry pie filling, one can raspberry pie filling and 2 cups of fresh berries
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake - Stir some lemon zest into the blueberry filling and use lemon cake mix on top
- Blueberry Cheesecake Dump Cake - After the fruit layer, add a layer of cream cheese! Stir together 8 ounces of cream cheese, ½ cup of sugar and 1 egg together then dollop over the blueberries. Proceed with the cake mix!
Other Delicious Blueberry Desserts
Blueberry Custard Pie - The press-in-the-pan crust is super easy!
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes - Love the lemon curd filling in these!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars - This tasty dessert is one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
Leave a Reply