This Chicken Stuffing Casserole makes for the ultimate comfort food meal! With meat, veggies and stuffing all in one dish, supper will be on the table before you know it!Jump to Recipe
If you're anything like me, you're always looking for quick and easy meals the whole family will enjoy. And this one is the epitome of comfort food!!! I think it's the creamy sauce and savory stuffing that does it for me.....reminds me of my grandma's cooking. (And let's be honest, that's ALWAYS a good sign!)
And as you'll see in the photos below, this really couldn't be easier. Dump this, dump that, bake and voila! Get this on your menu ASAP! 😉
How to Make Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Check out the captions in each of the photos - it's really SO easy!
What to serve with Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
This dish really has all the components of a full meal - the meat, veggies and carbs. However, I like to have a bowl of fresh fruit on the side to balance out the savory-ness (is that even a word??!) from the casserole.
....and because I rarely have a meal without dessert, my super popular Chocolate Cobbler would be the perfect one for this meal on a cold winter night! 🙂
Other Easy, Kid-Friendly Meals
Homemade Sloppy Joes are always a hit with my kids. A little sweet, a little savory, a lot of yum!
Pizza Braid is another popular recipe with kids! Then again, what kid doesn't like pizza?!
Ham and Cheese Sliders are perfect for busy night! Prep, bake and wrap up for yummy on-the-go meals!
Easy One Pot Spaghetti is super flavorful and much simpler than having to boil pasta separately from the meat sauce!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 2 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ c sour cream
- ⅓ c milk
- 1 ½ c frozen peas and carrots (mixed veggies would work, too)
- 1 6 oz box chicken flavored stuffing
- 1 ½ c chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add the cubed chicken to the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk; pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the frozen vegetables over the sauce.
- Next, sprinkle the dry stuffing mix over the veggies.
- Pour the chicken broth over the stuffing slowly. Try to drizzle the broth over each piece of stuffing to moisten them a bit.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the stuffing is golden brown and the chicken has reached at least 165°F.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy warm.