Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are the most delicious side dish! They're easy to make, full of flavor and have just the right amount of sweetness!Jump to Recipe
When I'm looking for a quick and easy side dish, I many times turn to a bag of steamed veggies or a salad kit. But let's be honest, that gets BORING.
We've been on a bit of a carrot kick lately and the girls are loving it! (happy kids = happy mama, right?!) Everyone seems to be loving the Ranch Roasted Baby Carrots, so I decided to try another variation! And let me tell you, these will NOT disappoint!
Well, it's a short list, which I think is always a plus!
- Baby Carrots - You can also use regular carrots (simply peel them and cut them into ½" thick coins)
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar - Light or Dark will do!
- Cinnamon - optional, but highly recommended!
How to make Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots in the oven
These carrots couldn't be more simple! In short, you'll mix the ingredients in a casserole dish, put them in the oven and let them roast for about 30 minutes. See photos below!
How to make glazed carrots on the stove
Not wanting to heat up the oven? No worries. Making these on the stove is super easy, too. Place all of the ingredients plus ¼ cup of water in a saucepan and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes covered, then remove the lid and continue cooking until the carrots are tender and caramelized.
Can I make glazed carrots ahead of time?
You can! You can make carrots ahead of time and store in the fridge in an air-tight container. Then, when it's time to enjoy, simply place them in a saucepan on medium-low to heat. Note: The carrots will lose some of their vibrant color when reheating, which is the downfall to cooking them ahead of time.
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 tablespoon salted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the carrots to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the carrots then sprinkle with salt and brown sugar.
- If you'd like to add cinnamon, sprinkle that on top.
- Stir to coat the carrots and evenly distribute the brown sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.