This Easy Cherry Berry Cobbler is made with a can of pie filling, frozen berries, a box of cake mix and a stick of butter. Yep, that's it! Just layer into a pan and bake for the easiest, most delicious dessert!Jump to Recipe
When it comes to dessert, I love 'em all!! I've got a huge sweet tooth, most of which I blame Grandma Gent passing down to me, ha!
But when I'm in a hurry, a cobbler or a "dump cake" is my go-to dessert! They take just minutes to prep and are loved by all!! In this recipe, I love the way the sweet cherries and the tart, juicy berries balance each other beautifully! I think you will too!!
- Cherry Pie Filling - You can use lite or regular.
- Raspberries - I use frozen raspberries they tend to be less expensive, but fresh berries would be great, too!
- Cake Mix - You can use yellow or white cake mix.
- Butter - I prefer salted butter over unsalted in this recipe!
How to Make Cherry Berry Cobbler
As I mentioned before, this cobbler is oh so simple!!
Start by dumping the can of pie filling into the baking dish.
Add the berries and give it a stir.
Sprinkle the cake mix over the berry filling.
Cut the stick of cold butter into very thin slices and place them on top of the cake mix. (You can also use melted butter and drizzle it on top, if you prefer).
Bake until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown around the edges.
I enjoy this dessert most warm in a bowl with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!! You could also skip the ice cream and add a dollop of whipped cream....or enjoy the dessert as-is!
Variations of this Cherry-Berry Cobbler
Though I love the combination of cherry and raspberry, it's fun to play around with different flavors, especially with seasonal fruits!
- Cherry Blueberry Cobbler - Use cherry pie filling and frozen OR fresh blueberries.
- Cherry Blackberry Cobbler - Use cherry pie filling and fresh blackberries.
- Mixed Berry Cobbler - Use cherry OR blueberry pie filling and a combination of different berries.
- Berry Peach Cobbler - Use blueberry OR raspberry pie filling and fresh peaches.
There are so many names for desserts like these. Whether you call it a dump cake, a berry crisp or a fruit cobbler....it's delicious either way! 🙂