This Easy Cherry Berry Cobbler is made with a can of pie filling, frozen berries, a box of cake mix and a stick of butter. Yep, that’s it! Just layer into a pan and bake for the easiest, most delicious dessert!Jump to Recipe
It’s almost that time of year again… kids are back in school, the days become shorter and as always, dinnertime tends to sneak up on us.
I’m not really much of a meal prep person and I sure as heck don’t think about dessert much before it’s time to start cooking. Alright, that’s a lie. I’ll think about dessert all day… but planning desserts? Yeah, that’s not happening.
We certainly don’t have dessert every night, but I’m a true believer that it’s the best way to end a meal!
If you’ve been following Dance Around the Kitchen for awhile, you’ve probably noticed I’m all about easy meals and desserts that are delicious yet easy to throw together.
One day a couple months ago, my sweet tooth was calling my name and I just didn’t know what to make. I wanted something easy, but wasn’t feeling like a chocolate-y dessert. It’s not often I use pie filling as I just don’t like the gloopy texture, but had a can of cherry pie filling in my pantry.
I thought that maybe if I added some frozen berries, it would make it a more desirable texture. So I added the raspberries I had in my freezer and topped it with the classic cake mix/butter topping and threw it in the oven.
Zach (my husband and toughest food critic), took a bite and said “this is my favorite blog post yet.” Well, at the time, I wasn’t planning on using it as a blog post, but after his comment, I thought this recipe deserved to be shared with the world! 🙂
My aunt Teresa stayed the night that same week, so I decided to whip up this little recipe concoction for her after supper. She laughed and said “hasn’t grandma ever made this for you – well without the raspberries anyway?”
Now I didn’t think this was the most creative recipe ever, but I had NO clue it was a recipe Grandma frequents. However, Grandma’s “approval” makes it even better and all the more reason to share it!
Easy Cherry Berry Cobbler
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 16 oz bag frozen raspberries
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Dump a can of cherry pie filling into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle the frozen berries over-top and stir into the cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly on top of the fruit mixture.
- Slice the stick of butter into really thin slices and place them evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
- Try using different pie fillings and frozen fruit options!