This Easy Taco Pasta Skillet is perfect for a quick weeknight meal – it’s beefy, cheesy, and full of Tex-Mex flavors. Best thing about it?? Clean up will be quick too, because it’s all done in one pan. Can I get an “amen?!”Jump to Recipe
There are very few week nights that I make a meal that takes more than 30 minutes. The minute McKinley and I walk into the house after daycare pickup, the first thing out of her mouth is “eat? please?” She then walks over to her high chair and pulls it into the kitchen, as if I hadn’t already gotten the hint. She’s got very little patience – and it’s highly likely she gets that from her mama.
There are few things that can keep her distracted while I whip up a quick supper – our little dog, Tucker, her books, and playing with “dada.” If she just can’t wait to eat, I’ll give her some canned carrots or peas to hold her over. Annnnnnd if the veggies aren’t good enough as-is, a little squirt of yellow mustard always does the trick! (It’s weird, I know, but hey it works!)
Anyway, I’m always looking for quick meals that are at least somewhat healthy to feed my family during the week. (Oh – and bonus points for few dishes!) This Easy Taco Pasta Skillet most definitely fits the bill.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to cook the pasta separately. I rarely make spaghetti on a weeknight, because I’m too impatient to wait for the water to boil…..like I said above, McKinley definitely gets her impatience from me 🙂 However, you’d never know it’s such a quick recipe by the level of flavor in this dish. When I was developing this recipe, the first thing Zach said after taking a bite was “I think this is being added to my top five favorite dishes you make!” And that, my friends, is a win in my book! 🙂
Easy Taco Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c taco sauce
- 1 10 oz can RoTel tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz angel hair pasta broken into pieces, uncooked
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 c Mexican blend shredded cheese divided
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.2. Add the broth, taco sauce, tomatoes,cumin and oregano and turn the burner on high heat, bringing the mixture to a boil.3. Stir in the pasta and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.4. Stir in the cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese. 5. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.