These Meatball Sliders start with a bag of Hawaiian rolls, frozen meatballs and mozzarella cheese. They're perfect for busy weeknight meals, football tailgates, afternoon snacks and everything in between!Jump to Recipe
There's just something about sweet Hawaiian rolls that I simply cannot resist. I'm not sure if it's the pillowy-soft texture, the subtle sweetness or the easy recipe options they can be used for. Either way, I always seem to grab a bag when I'm at the store.
Especially during the busy planting and harvest seasons here on the farm, sliders are a go-to meal for us as they're convenient to eat on-the-go. These meatball sliders are cheesy, meaty, a little saucy and SO darned good!
What Type of Meatballs should I use in Meatball Sliders?
There are several options - use what's most convenient for you!
- Frozen, pre-cooked meatballs. Johnsonville's Italian Meatballs are my favorite to use in this recipe as they're a little bigger than other brands and fill the slider better. You'll want to warm these up before putting on the sliders.
- Store-bought, uncooked meatballs. There are several brands of uncooked meatballs you'll find these days in the refrigerated section by the raw pork, beef, sausage, etc. These work great, but also need to be cooked before using in this recipe.
- Homemade. Homemade is always a great option, too! As with the other options, you'll want them fully cooked and warm before adding to the sliders.
How to Make Meatball Sliders
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so....see the photos below that'll walk you through how to make these sliders.
What Should I Serve with Meatball Sliders?
When I serve them as a meal, I like to serve with a lettuce salad and a bowl of fresh fruit. If they need to be eaten "on-the-go", I'll send the sandwiches with an apple and a bag of chips!
Other Delicious Hawaiian Roll Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders - They’re cheesy, meaty and covered in a rich, buttery sauce that’ll keep you coming back for more!
Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders - Yes, you can even make sliders for breakfast and these are truly delicious!!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders - I mean, why not combine three of the yummiest sandwiches into one?!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- Baking Dish
- 1 12-ct bag Hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 Italian meatballs homemade or frozen & thawed
- ½ c pizza sauce
- ¼ c butter melted
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Remove slider buns from their package and slice horizontally, so you have a top layer and a bottom layer.
- Place the bottom layer into the prepared pan.
- Arrange five slices of cheese in an even layer.
- Next, add 12 meatballs in four rows of three. (You want the meatballs to be hot, so make sure they're cooked before you place them on the cheese)
- Spread about 2 teaspoon pizza sauce over each meatball.
- Arrange remaining cheese slices over the meatballs.
- Top the sliders with the bun tops and set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining the melted butter, parmesan, garlic and parsley; brush it over the sliders.
- Cover the sliders with foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!