A fun twist on a childhood favorite!! These spicy goldfish are coated with flavor and a touch of heat, making them a super addictive fan favorite!Jump to Recipe
When Zach and I lived in the Des Moines metro area, restaurants were a dime a dozen. However, finding a good (non-chain) restaurant was a little harder to come by.
However, one that we really enjoyed had these spicy goldfish listed as an appetizer. They were only a buck, so of course we had to try them. And holy smokies, they were SO tasty! Fast forward to today, I recreated these yummy (and addictive!) little fishies and I think you're gonna love 'em!
Spicy Goldfish Ingredients
- Goldfish - Though I used the name brand (Pepperidge Farms), you can certainly use other brands.
- Popcorn Oil - I use the Orville Redenbacher's buttery flavored oil.
- Ranch Seasoning - This is the kind in the packet (not the bottle of ranch dressing).
- Red Pepper Flakes - Make sure they're fresh (not expired) to give the perfect amount of heat!
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Spicy Goldfish
I love any good snack mix, but I especially love it when you don't have to spend the time baking it in the oven. This is one of those no bake snack mixes you simple stir and serve!
In a bowl you'll mix up the oil, ranch mix and seasonings. I like to whisk it to make sure there are no clumps.
Then you'll pour the mixture over the goldfish, drizzling it evenly all over the fish. Next you'll either stir it super gently (being careful not to crush the crackers) or cover the bowl with a tightly-fitted lid and shake!
Once you have it all mixed up and the goldfish are evenly coated, it's ready to serve. However, I prefer to let it set for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors really soak into the fish!
How to Store Seasoned Crackers
I recommend storing these in resealable baggies or in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid. This will keep moisture out so the crackers stay nice and crispy!
Other Yummy Snack Mixes
Ranch Snack Mix is my go-to! It's easy to make, perfectly seasoned and has a fun variety of crackers!!
If I want something sweet, Praline Crunch is always a hit!! It's a holiday staple in our household and suuuuper addictive!
Cookies & Cream Puppy Chow is another fun mix!! It's a twist on the Midwest classic, puppy chow!
- Three 6.6 oz bags Goldfish crackers
- ⅔ cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
- One 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour the goldfish crackers into a large bowl with a lid; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the popcorn oil, ranch seasoning, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the oil mixture over the goldfish.
- Tightly secure the lid on the bowl and shake until the goldfish are evenly coated.