A chocolate cookie crust, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, caramel and pecans make up this incredible Turtle Ice Cream Dessert! It's super easy to make and is the perfect treat to cool down with!Jump to Recipe
This dessert, you guys. It's so so soooo delicious!!! In fact, it's so good, I couldn't even write this blog post without grabbing some from the freezer, adding a drizzle of caramel and devouring it.
And as I finish up my ice cream dessert, I'm trying to figure out what I just love so much about it. Here's my conclusion: EVERYTHING. It's got just the right amount of chocolate, it has texture, the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and it's so pretty!! (Sounds shallow I know, but you eat with your eyes first, right?! ;))
How to Make Turtle Ice Cream Dessert
First up is the chocolate cookie crust! I find it easiest to use a food processor to create fine crumbs. However, you can also place the cookies in a large bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Then mix in the melted butter.
You'll set some of these crumbs aside (for the topping later) and press the remainder into the bottom of the pan.
Now for the ice cream. You'll want to make sure it's softened enough to scoop onto the crust and then spread into an even layer.
Next, drizzle the caramel over the ice cream and sprinkle with half of the chopped pecans. Freeze for a couple hours.
Next up is the chocolate ice cream! Scoop and then spread into an even layer. I LOVE that this dessert uses half vanilla and half chocolate ice cream. It makes it so the chocolate flavor is definitely there, but doesn't overpower the caramel and pecans! Moving on.....
Finally, you'll top with whipped cream and the remaining cookie crumbs and pecans. Pop into the freezer for several hours or overnight, or until solid.
When it's time to enjoy, you'll want to let it set out for 10-15 minutes so it's easier to cut and serve. I like to plate the dessert and then drizzle with additional caramel. And DEVOUR!
Other Ice Cream Desserts You'll Love
Fried Ice Cream Pie: It's like the fried ice cream you get at your local Mexican restaurant....but in pie form and without all that oil!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Dessert: If you love cookie dough, this one is an absolute must!!
Buster Bar Dessert: Buster Bar Dessert has a chocolate cookie crust, vanilla ice cream, fudge, peanuts and a layer of whipped topping! It's all the flavors and textures of a Dairy Queen Buster Bar, but in a 9x13 pan!
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches: This frozen dessert has no-churn ice cream sandwiched between two brownies....they're rich, filled with super creamy ice cream and the flavor combos are endless!
Ice Cream Cake Roll: This ice cream cake roll is the perfect treat for any celebration. With chocolate cake, ice cream, Oreos and fudge in each bite, every fork-full is a slice of heaven!
CONNECT WITH DANCE AROUND THE KITCHEN!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Turtle Ice Cream Dessert
- One 14.3 ounce package chocolate sandwich cookies (ie Oreos)
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream softened
- ⅔ cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1.5 quarts chocolate ice cream softened
- One 8 ounce tub whipped topping
- Crush the cookies (use a food processor OR place them in a gallon size resealable baggie and crush with a rolling pin).
- Add the melted butter and stir until well-combined.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the cookie mixture and set aside. Press the rest into the bottom of a 9x13" pan. (Make sure it's a deep 9x13" pan - the shallower glass 9x13" pans will not be deep enough)
- Scoop the softened vanilla ice cream over the crust and smooth out into an even layer.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the vanilla ice cream and spread out.
- Sprinkle half of the pecans over the caramel and cover the pan; freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Spread the softened chocolate ice cream over the caramel/pecan layer.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs and pecans.
- Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to enjoy, let set out for 10-15 minutes to soften up enough to cut into squares and enjoy!
Leave a Reply