This Creamy Chicken Taco Soup requires very little prep work, yet results in a hearty, super flavorful soup! And the best part of all, it takes just 30 minutes from start to finish!Jump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by CHEF’S CRAFT® Gourmet, but all opinions and text are my own!
Helloooo soup weather!! Is there really anything more comforting than a big bowl of soup to warm you up?! I think not! And while some soup recipes take all day to cook and simmer, this one is an exception. In just thirty minutes, you’ll have a beautiful pot of soup on the table, full of hearty chicken and Tex-Mex flavors!
CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken makes getting nutritious protein into recipes super (or shall I say SOUPer?!) simple. For example, these flame grilled chicken breast fillets are sous vide (aka cooked to perfection!), individually wrapped and frozen. When you need chicken, you simply boil the individually-wrapped packages, open and dice the chicken breasts for quick, protein-packed, JUICY chicken!
Find fully-cooked CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken in the frozen section at Walmart throughout the country, at Food Lion in the Southeast, and at Meijer. Use this handy store locator to find all three CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken products at a store near you! Visit ChefsCraftGourmet.com to get more information on the chicken products and find delicious recipe ideas.
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Ingredients
- Chicken: I love to use the CHEF’S CRAFT® Flame Grilled Chicken Breast Fillets, simply because of the ease of prep and the excellent flavor. However, you could dice up leftover grilled chicken or use shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Chicken Broth
- Black Beans: You can use regular or the low/no-sodium black beans. Either way, you’ll drain and rinse them before using.
- Tomatoes with Green Chilies: Be sure to look at the label before you purchase these – they are sold with varying levels of heat. If you want to keep the soup pretty mild, use the original.
- Corn: You can either use a can of whole kernel corn (drain) OR use 1 ½ cups of frozen corn or homemade sweet corn cut off the cob.
- Taco Seasoning
- Minced Onion
- Cream Cheese: You can use regular or the ⅓ less fat cream cheese;, however, I find that the regular cream cheese melts into the soup better.
- Toppings: One of my favorite things about this recipe is how you can customize it with toppings at the end from tortilla chips to cheddar cheese, jalapeno slices, avocados and everything in between!
VIDEO: How to Make Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
How to Make Creamy Chicken Taco Soup in the Slow Cooker
Hoping to make this soup ahead of time? You absolutely can. Here’s what I recommend:
- Warm and dice the chicken.
- Add all ingredients, except for the cream cheese, to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Stir in the cream cheese until completely melted into the soup.
- Serve with toppings!
Other Delicious Soup Recipes
- Ravioli Soup - With flavorful Italian sausage, cheese-filled ravioli and spices, Ravioli Soup is a hearty soup everyone will love!
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – This easy soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. Chicken and vegetables are mixed into a creamy sauce and topped with super simple Pie Crust Crackers – yum!!
- Corn Chowder with Bacon – This Corn Chowder with Bacon is the ultimate comfort food full of flavor, thanks to loads of sweet corn, plenty of bacon, white wine and a handful of spices!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
- 3 c chicken broth
- One 15.25 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- One 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies do not drain
- One 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- One 16 oz bag cooked chicken breast fillets diced
- One 1 oz pkt taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- One 8 oz brick cream cheese
- sour cream, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips, etc for garnish, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat*, add the chicken broth, drained and rinsed black beans, tomatoes with green chilies, drained corn, diced chicken, taco seasoning and minced onion.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the burner to low and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the stovetop and stir in the cream cheese until melted and completely mixed.
- Serve warm with toppings, if desired.