Juicy peaches are topped with a buttery topping and baked for an easy, delicious Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix dessert! This recipe can be made with canned peaches or fresh peaches - scrumptious either way!!Jump to Recipe
Why I Love This Recipe
- It is one of the easiest desserts out there!!
- It use pantry staples that you likely already have on hand!
- You can use canned peaches or fresh peaches (perfect for when it's peach season!!)
- The end result is simply delicious and an easy family favorite!
Ingredients Needed (Amounts in Recipe Card Below)
- Dry Cake Mix - A box of yellow cake mix is my preference, but you could also use vanilla or white cake mix. If you like lots of flavor, a spice cake mix would be fun too!
- Butter - Salted or unsalted butter will work in this recipe.
- Peaches - You can use canned OR fresh peaches in this recipe. More info on that below!
- Cornstarch - This is used to thicken the peach syrup for the perfect texture!
- Cinnamon - Though it's not totally necessary, I love the added flavor of the cinnamon!
How to Make Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
As I mentioned above, I just love how easy this recipe is!! I almost called it a peach dump cake, but there are a couple steps that made it feel more like a delicious cobbler!
First, you'll combine the dry cake mix and the melted butter. There are lots of dump cake recipes that just have you sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit then slice the butter and lay it over the cake mix, but I find that it works best to just combine them (you don't end up with any dry spots!).
Next, you'll dump the peaches (half drained, half undrained) into your baking dish.
Sprinkle the cornstarch and cinnamon on top of the peaches and stir until well-combined.
Then you'll sprinkle the cake mix mixture over the fruit filling. You can sprinkle some coarse sugar on top of the cake mix for a little sparkle if you'd like!
Now it's time to bake! I recommend taking a look at the cobbler after 40 minutes in the oven, though it'll probably need a little more time. When the top is golden brown and the edges are super bubbly, it's ready to take out.
Lastly (and probably the hardest step!) is letting it cool for 10 minutes. Though it may seem unnecessary, I highly recommend letting the cobbler cool so the fruit has some time to set up a bit before serving.
Can I Make this Peach Cobbler with Fresh Peaches?
Yes!!! Instead of using cans of peaches, you can use ripe peaches instead. Here's how:
- Peel and slice enough peaches to give you 4 ½ cups of fresh fruit.
- Add the peaches to a large bowl and stir in ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup of water, 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Once it's combined, pour into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the cake mix and melted butter.
- Sprinkle it on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Simply use half of a cake mix (about 1 ⅔ cup), 4 tablespoons melted butter, two cans of peaches (one can of peaches drained, one undrained), 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. You'll bake it in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch casserole dish for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Use the other half of the cake mix next time! 🙂
Yes!! Grab your favorite brand of gluten free cake mix and that simple swap will make the recipe gluten free!
I like to serve this peach dessert warm and top the individual servings with a scoop of ice cream!
Let the leftover cobbler come to room temperature then cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. The next time you're ready to enjoy the cobbler, warm it in the microwave and enjoy!
Other Easy Cobblers & Dump Cakes I Love!
Chocolate Cobbler - One of the most loved recipes on my site!!
Peach Cobbler - Not quite as easy as this one, but I love it just the same!
Blueberry Dump Cake - A super easy dessert the whole family will love!
Cherry Berry Cobbler - This one has cherry pie filling and fresh berries - yum!
Rhubarb Dump Cake - Perfect for rhubarb season!!