Toffee Brownies have a chewy brownie base with a fudgy topping & crunchy bits of toffee sprinkled on top. They're a rich, decadent treat your sweet tooth will LOVE!
There are very few foods I love more than a rich, chocolatey dessert. And let me tell you - these brownies are right up my alley! I love all the textures (especially that creamy fudgy layer!!) and the sweet crunch of the toffee bits.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... the addition of toffee in baked goods is SO under-rated. I just love them, especially in cookies, in my "loaded" scotcheroos and in this Banoffee Ice Cream Pie (the combo of toffee + banana is perfection)! But if you're looking for a chocolatey dessert, these Toffee Brownies are exactly what you need!
Ingredients for Toffee Brownies
- Brownie Mix - You can use whatever brand you like, but you'll want to make sure it's the size that goes into a 9x13" pan (rather than the smaller boxes that only make enough for a square pan).
- Eggs, Water & Oil - You'll essentially start by mixing up the box brownie mix. Therefore, you'll need the amount of eggs, water and oil listed on the box in order to make them.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - Not to be confused with evaporated milk (two very different things!) 🙂
- Chocolate Chips - I like using semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Toffee Bits - I use the Heath brand "Bits O' Brickle." If you can't find them, you can also chop up a Heath bar. (It'll be a little different with the addition of chocolate in the bars, but still delish!)
How to Make Toffee Brownies
First, you'll combine the brownie mix with the ingredients listed on the back of the box (most likely water, oil and eggs). Pour the brownie batter into a 9x13" pan, either lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray.
The brownies will go into the oven for 15 minutes. While they're baking, you'll combine the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
Pour the mixture over the brownies (FYI - the brownies will still be quite soft at this point) and spread with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle the toffee bits over the fudgy topping and bake for an additional 18 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!!!
How to Store Brownies
To store Toffee Brownies, you can simply leave them in the pan and put a tight-fitting lid or plastic wrap over them once completely cool.
These also freeze really well! In fact, my husband prefers them right out of the freezer! The fudgy layer stays soft and the brownies are super chewy. Just be sure to store in a resealable bag or in a freezer-safe air-tight storage container.
Love brownies? Give these a try, too!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- One 18.4 ounce box Brownie Mix + Ingredients listed on back of box
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the boxed brownies according to package instructions and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes (they'll still be soft at this point).
- While the brownies are baking, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds, stirring halfway through. If the chocolate chips aren't completely melted, add a little more time until it's smooth.
- Drizzle over the brownies and carefully spread with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top.
- Bake an additional 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.