Just five ingredients come together to make this creamy, protein-packed Whipped Cottage Cheese Dessert layered with graham crackers and berries!
This post is sponsored by AE Dairy, but all opinions and text are my own.Jump to Recipe
I’ve always loved cottage cheese – on a salad, in lasagna and even as a snack with canned peaches (I love a sweet/salty combo!). However, I’ve slowly been using it more and more as a way to get more protein for myself and for the kids.
Some of my favorite ways to incorporate cottage cheese are in pancakes, in the dressing for a creamy pasta salad and even in dessert! It almost reminds me of a no bake cheesecake, but with a healthier center! Don’t knock it til’ ya try it…. 😉
- Graham Crackers – You can use regular, chocolate, cinnamon or even gluten-free graham crackers.
- Cottage Cheese – I recommend using a 4% fat cottage cheese so it is super thick and creamy!
- Sugar or a Sugar Substitute – Sugar, monk fruit sweetener, Stevia, honey, etc.
- Vanilla Extract
- Berries – I like to use a combination of blueberries and strawberries. Raspberries and blackberries are a delicious addition to the mix as well!
How to Make Whipped Cottage Cheese Dessert
First, you’ll add the cottage cheese, sugar or sugar replacer and the vanilla to a food processer. Blend until the mixture is nice and smooth. You can also try a blender if you don’t have a food processer.
Next, you’ll place the graham crackers in a resealable baggie and crush them with a rolling pin.
Finally, it’s time to layer the desserts! Divide the crushed graham crackers between 4-6 glasses then add the whipped cottage cheese and top with berries. Refrigerate for 4+ hours for a thicker dessert.
When serving, add a dollop of whipped topping and a sprig of mint for a little fancy flair!
- Gluten Free – Simply use gluten free graham crackers (or skip them altogether) for a delicious gluten free treat.
- Fruit Dip – Use the cottage cheese “cheesecake” layer for a healthy fruit dip.
- Chocolate Lovers – Use chocolate graham crackers on the bottom and top with mini chocolate chips or chocolate syrup.
- Sweet & Salty – Use crushed pretzels on the bottom for a sweet & salty combo.