This quick and easy Brownie Batter Dip takes just 5 ingredients and can be served with a variety of dippers for a fun treat!Jump to Recipe
If you're like me and think licking the brownie batter off the spoon is almost better than the baked brownies, this recipe is for you! It's always nice to have a super quick and easy appetizer in your back pocket and this is one I simply can't get enough of!
- Brownie Mix - I like using fudge brownie mix, but any will do!
- Cream Cheese - You can use the ⅓ less fat cream cheese to lighten it up a bit, though it could soften the texture a bit.
- Milk - Skim, whole, almond, soy, chocolate....any milk will work fine!
- Whipped Topping - Lite, regular or "extra creamy" will work great.
- Mini Chocolate Chips - Though optional, I highly recommend adding these for some added texture and extra chocolate flavor!
How to make Brownie Batter Dip
Making this dip is super simple, which you probably noticed already after seeing it has just 5 ingredients!
First, you want to heat treat the brownie mix. (See below for more info on this!)
Next, you'll put the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Then you'll add the brownie mix and milk and stir until smooth.
Then add the whipped topping and lastly the mini chocolate chips.
Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Heat-Treat Brownie Mix
When we think about eating raw cookie dough, cake batter or brownie batter, most people think about the raw eggs first. Though eggs can contain salmonella or other bacteria, raw baking mixes can also have bacteria.
Therefore, it's important to "heat-treat" the mix to make this a safe and edible brownie batter dip. Luckily, it's super simple and takes just a minute or two. Here's how...
- Dump the mix into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 20 seconds.
- The brownie mix will be warm (160F+) and therefore any bacteria present will be no more!
- Let the mix cool completely before adding to the recipe (place on a cold plate to speed the process up)
What to serve with Brownie Batter Dip
There are so many options, so don't limit yourself to what's on my list!
- Animal Crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Apple Slices
Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes! It's an easy way to lighten up the recipe. Use ⅓ less fat cream cheese and light (or sugar free) whipped topping for a lighter option. Serve with apples for a nice crunch!